Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Easter Egg Hunt

At Home:
Took Hannah to her first Easter Egg Hunt, Texas style.
We arrived just as they released the hordes.
So, Hannah didn't get as much as a lot of the other kids.
She half filled her easter egg bag as opposed those who filled their rubbish sacks with candy.


Hannah and Julian with their haul (5 mins earlier the ground was completely covered with candy)

A local farmer brought some farm animals along, ducklings, kids, minature horse, donkey and rabbits etc.
I'm sure it was supposed to be petting going on, but it was a mauling.
I felt really sorry for the ducklngs, they didn't stand a chance with 20+ sugared up kids trying to get a hold of them at the same time.

The petting... errm... mauling zoo

We had been looking to buy a TV that was dual voltage and dual signal (PAL & NTSC).
It was going to cost more than we were willing to spend.
So, we decided to get a cheap one and ditch it when we left.
We have given up looking for 2nd hand TVs, they just don't seem to exist.
We went to Sams Club, which is a bulk buy sort of place.
27" for $169.00, perfect we thinks, except one thing, it's too big to fit into our car.
We had to leave it and wait until we can get one of the team to take their SUV over.

When it comes to cars, I think I'm beginning to get Texas eyes.
Hummers don't seem that big anymore, when you see them daily, it becomes routine.
In fact, we really do need a 2nd car as there is no public transport here.
I thought Auckland was bad, but here, they don't even pretend to care for public transport.
I'm car pooling with AlanM, but I would like to be able to pull my weight.
So, I started off thinking little 2L, 4 cyl thing.
But with the highway having a speed limit of 70mph, they tend to work a little hard, running the 50 mile drive everyday.
So, then I'm thinking... get one of those ganster cars, you know a caddy deVille, all pimped up with pneumatic shocks and the rest. Make a good photo to send home, but the gas would be a killer.
Then after this TV thing, I'm thinking... hmmm, what about an old Ford Explorer, do some camping sort of stuff as well.
OMG, what's next, a Honda Odessey???
Although, I can't go down that road, I said to the others when we got here, if I ever bought one those monstrocities, they had my permission to run me down with the bloody thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home