First pay day & C# boot camp
Home front:
This weekend was after the first pay.
Phew, what a relief, things were starting to bite a bit.
We picked up some things for the house. Chairs, storage boxes that sort of thing.
I've finished off setting up the wireless network. Electronic stuff is soooo cheap.
Still haven't got the title to the car yet, so I went for a drive to the dealer on Saturday to nudge him along, so to speak.
Apparently the title has arrived, they had neglected to get me to sign a waiver stating I don't have a Social Security Number (we could have all signed it 2 weeks ago). Anyway benefit of the doubt. I get the feeling some leaning might be required. Hope I don't have to use my angry eyes.
Jumped in the car on Saturday and the front brakes were making the grinding sound that indicated the brake pad was low and was down to the warning layer.
FYI, my last car had pads with a layer that made a hideous noise that forced you to change your pads before they were completely gone.
Euna said the funny noise had been there most of the week.
Took the car in on Sunday, turns out the pads didn't have such a "change me" layer, the grinding noise was metal on metal action. The disk was shot, pads had nothing left on them at all.
Eeek, oh well it's sorted, only cost $80.00.
Whilst I was waiting, Hannah and I went and had a look in a maxi market thingy called Sam's Club. It is the bargain hunters wet dream. It had soooo much stuff.
One that stuck out for me was 32" Flat screen TV for $250.
No wonder no one has much stuff at garage sales around here, new stuff is too cheap to even bother trying to resell it.
I've also taken the opportunity to get all the trial offerings online of various software that used to cost too much to get sent to NZ to be worth ordering online.
For example, Visual Studio.Net 2003 60 day trial on DVD for $5 + shipping = $10
After the trial, look at buying it. The cost here is such that it is actually worthwile rather than other means.
Work Front:
Our team was on a C# boot camp this week. Awesome course, the instructor was a very knowledgeble dude. On all sorts of committes, rubbed shoulders with all the players. Apparently, was with BillyG (that's is reference to Bill Gates) doing the roadshow when .Net was first released.
Sadly, the guy was also a one eyed republican, which the locals lapped up, of course.
There are definitely 2 things you don't talk about around here, politics and religion, unless you are a WASP & Republican and probably a member of NRA for good measure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home