Saturday, January 22, 2005

What a ride

Man, oh man...
What a trip, I have lost all feeling in my arse.
12 hours in an airplane seat (cattle class), a couple of hours in San Francisco, a 3 hour trip into Dallas. Kinda thought is was all pretty much over and done with.
Hehehe, no such luck, it turns out there was some sort of problem with the booking of the rental cars. There is 1 car available for the lot of us (16 including the kids) rather than the 3 that were booked.

Llanwyn has put 2 cars on his credit card (so glad he has something to put them on).
We finally get out of the airport about an hour or two after landing. I've taken the wheel of one of the Chevy Astro vans. This thing fits 8 people, with space in the boot area for suitcases. They are BIG for someone who is used to sedans.

Luckily for us Llanwyn has been here before and knows where to go cause if it had been just me, I would have been driving on the left hand side of the road from the Avis carpark.

The traffic was kinda light, cause it is so late in the evening, although it is still fairly heavy across all 4 or 5 lanes going east. Llanwyn was cutting across traffic as he tried to find his way to the hotel. With us in the other 2 vans following, it means that I cut some traffic up badly as well. One in particular was the extremely stretched Humvee, must be a least 4 pillars after the driver door, I mean, it was big.

We finally got to the safety at about 12:00 at night, we were all knackered.
It was so nice to lay just down. I don't want to have to do that again in a hurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home