Friday, January 21, 2005

In the nick of time

We have tickets booked for a 19:30 departure.
The airport shuttle is booked for 16:00.
It's 13:00 and we still don't have our visa's.
A clerical error by the INS has resulted in our visa's being incorrect.
We have had to get INS to update (correct) their records and re-issue the paper work.
The updated paperwork has been FedEx'd and arrived this morning.
A mad dash to the American Consulate and now it's in the hand of the Gods....

The last week has been spent in a local hotel.
After the first day, living out of a suitcase wears a little thin.
And it goes without saying about hotel food....

Post Script:
Our visas' were stamped and I got a hold of them at 14:30.
I don't know what we were worried about. I didn't realise how tightly wound I have been for the last week, worrying about all this garbage as well as trying to tye things up at work.
There is no stopping us now. Texas, here we come.
yehaaah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home