Sunday, August 06, 2006

the party is over

Well we are back in NZ and going from a heat wave to winter was nice for about a day, because it had been so hot in the south of France, starting to wear a bit thin now that it's raining and things are muddy.

All is fine and every one is heathy although Annicks migranes are back after a 7 week break but I'm inclined to think it's more neck related as she taken to falling asleep on the sofa, with her head bent, while I'm playing counter-strike online.

Lea and Nico are back at school and settling down nicely. We were all shattered after 45 hours traveling from Annick's mum's house to our door step.

After being away for a while it was kind of strange to come back- we were so getting use to france that it was almost routine and NZ felt like ages ago that the house was almost forgotten.

Highly reccomend long holidays if it is possible maybe between jobs or something- you actually get to really relax and going back to work is forgotten.

I recken we should all get 6-7 weeks paid holidays a year.

I read a few books while there which I haven't done for a while.

One was The De Vicinci Code. Great read but can't see why all these folks are getting reved up about it- It's tiring to see TV documentaries debating if it is real or not-it's a work of fiction yet people are getting caught up in the hype for it. Before reading it I was expecting something different.

That's the yanks for you.

Checked out the photo's. really cool to see you guy's. I noticed in the Paris Rainforest cafe that Texas had quite a few Rainforest Cafes and thought you guys should check it out and hey prestow you been- aint the inside just amazing- does your have the animals making noises - the London one was the same. Nico got a sweatshirt from there but it didn't make it back to Tauranga- lost at Airport I think.

Well that's all folks for now will burst into print again soon
brett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home