Thursday, April 05, 2007

DeanH Visit - Friday

It's 9:40 pm and I've just got a chance to not be dealing with kids.
Usually at this point I'd have a bit if a sit down in front of the TV before going to bed.
That's pretty much a standard night.
The last thing I want to be doing is sitting in front of a PC.
But I'm determined to kick this thing back into life, otherwise I'll forget all the stuff we have done.

Last week DeanH (we did the same degree together) spent a couple of days here on his way back from a week in Florida attending a conference on some software we run in Beca.

With all the changes in flights, an overnight stay turned into 3 days, 2 nights (Thurs - Sat).
The Thursday was spent at Work in Greenville, showing him around the cellblocks.

I took the Friday off and we went to the one place I figured he'll only ever see in Dallas....the grassy knoll and the book repository.
Yep, there is a museum in the building from which Oswald shot JFK.
It's called the Sixth Floor museum.
It's a particularly macabre place that has all the information about the assassination.
Photos, film loops and memorabilia from the period.
There are 2 crosses painted on the road, presumably the impact points for the shots fired.
Scale models of the whole area.
Deadbeats outside selling conspiracy pamphlets.
It has it all. Pictures to come later on.

DeanH was after a Stetson, so we found a place round the corner called Wild Bill's.
Wild Bills was full of belts, hat's , stuffed armadillos and saco de toro.
Yep, cured bull sacks, for keeping all your important little things in a safe place.
Bruce from Wild Bill's fixed DeanH up with a real honest to goodness black felt Stetson.
Black felt is for winter and formal wear, straw is for summer and casual wear, in case you were wondering.

We then moved onto to the local watering hole to prime ourselves up for a bbq back at home.
StephenW (another Beca worker bee) came round and we all had ourselves a blast.
StephenW brought with him a box of Panakes and Sausages on a stick.















After a few more beers, I ate one http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-737421365505495888&hl=en

We then looked at some infamous internet videos.
Numa Numa, Starwars Kid, Magical Trevor
I'm really partial to Magical Trevor.

Then it was onto Xbox games.
An excellent night was had.

Lots of beans, lots of beans, lots of beans, saw lots of beans, beans....

2 Comments:

At 11 April, 2007 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the sausage onna stick :D

It was great fun, thanks for inviting me :)

 
At 11 April, 2007 10:35, Blogger DeanM said...

Your always welcome, my friend...
We'll have to do it again, a bbq, that is. One pancake on a stick is enough, I reckon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home